CALL FOR ART
“The Things We Love“
In Memory of Susan Spiller
November 19th, 2015 — February 25th, 2016
Susan Spiller was an artist and jeweler with a love strong of color and whimsical form. She was a friend to many, a mother and grandmother, sister, a gardener, a neighbor and neighborhood activist. Susan loved rescued greyhounds. Whatever Susan loved – she got involved in taking care of it. Her love of art brought her to be involved with the Northside Arts Collective and eventually to become a member of the board of directors. Susan passed away July 16th, 2015.
We encourage the submission of work – your work — that portrays what you are passionate about. What do you love? Is it who you love? Love of a place, a pet or something you love to do.
Deadline: November 19th
Drop off dates: Thursday, November 19th & Friday, November 20th from 4:00 to 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, November 21st from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
We ask that you download, complete the following NAC Exhibit Agreement Form. Please either print out and bring it with you or email it to email@example.com.
If you are a Northside Arts Collective (NAC) member, there is no entry fee. If you are not currently a NAC member, you can join NAC for $35 and waive the entry fee or simply pay a $35 entry fee to be a part of this special exhibit.
- This exhibit will hang in a facility with expansive wall spaces. While we enthusiastically accept all worthy submissions, we encourage large artwork.
- With the exception of sculptures and ceramics, artwork must be ready to hang. Proper hanging wire on the back is required, which should hang at least 2 inches away from the top of the frame when pulled tight.
- Include a tag taped on the back of your artwork with your name, email address, phone number, title of the artwork and sale price if applicable.
- Wall artwork must be either framed or on gallery-wrapped canvas. Make sure artwork is presentable and ready for sale if you choose to sell your work.
- A commission of 20% will be expected with any sale and may be deducted or become payable to NAC within 14 days of sale. NAC is not responsible for collecting any tax upon sale. We would ask, in good faith, that any commissions or duplicate works are also subject to commission.
Heritage Park Health & Wellness Center is located at 1015 4th Avenue North in Minneapolis, houses a health clinic, an adult daycare program, the YMCA of Metropolitan Minneapolis, Augustana Care – Open Circle and the Courage Center. This 69,603 square foot state-of-the-art senior health and wellness center provides office and program space for various social services providers. This senior center also has a large multipurpose gathering space to engage seniors in a variety of social, educational and recreational activities and has a 1/8 mile of indoor walking space.
The Northside Arts Collectives is a 501(c)3 arts organization. Northside Arts Collective is managed by a volunteer board of directors, pursues programming appropriate to the energy of the organization’s volunteer members; and seeks funds for more complex and sustained programming/opportunities. The Northside Arts Collective unites, enriches and advances the Northside Community through the arts.
For more information, please contact NAC exhibitions coordinator, Alicia Holder , NAC Communications Coordinator Jeanne Fish or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.